Thank you for your interest in employment at Family Caregiver Alliance.
We are currently seeking the following candidates:
Family Consultant / Social Worker
Are you looking for a forward thinking organization that makes a difference?
Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA) is a nationally-recognized nonprofit organization whose mission is to improve the quality of life for caregivers and the people who receive their care.
Families provide 80% of long-term care in this country, and the need for information is great. An estimated 44 million Americans provide unpaid assistance and support to older people and adults with disabilities who live in the community. Family Caregiver Alliance supports these caregivers through education, direct services, advocacy, and research.
We have over 40 years of experience and we work in-person in the SF Bay Area and nationally via phone and online with our FCA CareNav. Our team actively seeks out innovative solutions to caregiver challenges and engages in the use of technology to expand our reach. Our work environment is flexible and friendly.
Join us at our San Francisco office (near Montgomery BART station) with a beautiful view of downtown San Francisco.
As an FCA Family Consultant, you will make a difference by using your professional interviewing, counseling and training skills to help improve the health and well-being of family, friend and partner caregivers. This position reports to the Client Services Director. FCA serves six (6) counties in the Bay Area from our downtown San Francisco office and is looking for a Family Consultant to cover San Mateo County. This position includes a mix of remote, in-office, and community-based work.
- Conduct comprehensive assessment (in-home, by phone, and by videoconference) and care planning in partnership with family caregivers
- Lead education and skill-building training for caregivers on such topics as self-care and stress reduction, managing challenging dementia care behaviors, and family dynamics
- Use electronic record system to accurately document all client service units and notes for funding and research reports
- Initiate respite and other authorized services and track utilization using established protocol
- Initiate outreach and deliver effective presentations to community organizations and caregiver groups
- Participate in professional development in-services and outside trainings as appropriate to keep current with aging, disability, and caregiving best practices
- Outreach to individuals and organizations who might benefit from FCA’s services
- Work collaboratively as part of a team on agency-wide initiatives
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues of family caregiving with diverse clients
- Knowledge and skills to assess caregiver needs and develop a plan of care which includes connections to community services
- Public speaking skills to engage caregivers and professionals
- Experience or strong desire to work with older adults and those caring for people with chronic, debilitating health conditions
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as an active team member
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong, compassionate problem-solving skills, including the ability to provide essential information to empower the caregiving family to make informed decisions
- Comfort and proficiency using computer and other digital technology, including telehealth
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, marriage & family counseling, gerontology, mental health or a related field. Master’s degree preferred. Supervision for licensure is available
- Two years of experience working with older adults, caregivers and/or disabled adults; personal experience and volunteer experience will be considered
- Bilingual Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish, or Tagalog preferred
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Proficient computer skills; electronic record system training provided
- California driver’s license and reliable, dependable access to transportation for home visits, community meetings and presentations throughout the SF Bay Area
Salary and Benefits:
- $55K – 62K depending on experience and education
- 11 paid employee holidays
- Vacation and sick leave
- 100% company paid health, dental and vision insurance premium coverage for the employee
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life insurance for the employee
- 403(b) with generous discretionary company match
- Commuter benefits, pre-tax
- Flexible, welcoming work environment
- 1 Clinical supervision for those seeking professional licensure (LCSW, MFT, LPCC)
Please email cover letter and resume to FamilyCareGiveJobs@gmail.com. Write FAMILY CONSULTANT in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
FCA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
For more information about Family Caregiver Alliance, please visit us online at https://www.caregiver.org