Bay Area Caregiver Resource Center
Family Caregiver Alliance (FCA) serves as the Bay Area Caregiver Resource Center, one of 11 Caregiver Resource Centers throughout California. In this role, we offer free and low-cost services in the greater San Francisco Bay Area to help you provide the best possible care while also focusing on your own health and well being.
When you contact us, a staff member will speak with you about your caregiving situation, answer questions, and provide tailored resources and tools. You can also meet with an FCA Family Consultant via telephone or video conference for a caregiver assessment and care planning session.
Contact us today by joining FCA CareNav You can also call us at (415) 434-3388 or (800) 445-8106, or send an email to email@example.com
As the Bay Area Caregiver Resource Center, FCA works with:
- families caring for those with an adult-onset brain impairment in Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo, and Santa Clara counties. Brain impairment includes Alzheimer’s disease, stroke, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, ALS or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, Huntington’s disease, TBI or traumatic brain injury, HIV-associated neurocognitive disorder, or brain tumor
- family caregivers of adults age 60 and older regardless of diagnosis or income level in Alameda, Contra Costa, San Francisco, and San Mateo counties. FCA assists caregivers as long as needed. FCA is a nonprofit organization and serves all income levels
- Comprehensive Caregiver Assessment of your individual care situation
- Determining eligibility for legal/financial consultation, support groups, respite services, and individual counseling
- Help with long-term planning
- Ongoing support throughout your caregiving journey
- Detailed online information about health conditions, caring for another, and caring for yourself
- Workshops and classes on caregiving topics such as understanding dementia behaviors, stress management, care planning, and practical daily skills for caregivers
- Caregiving education videos
- A monthly e-newsletter to keep you connected to caregiving news
- Referrals to community programs such as adult day care, support groups, home care, and respite
FCA serves as the Bay Area Caregiver Resource Center, one of 11 Caregiver Resource Centers throughout California. Since the late 1970s Family Caregiver Alliance/Bay Area Caregiver Resource Center has recognized the unique needs of family caregivers.
If you’re a health care provider and you’d like to refer a family caregiver to FCA, please see our page How to Refer Caregivers to Family Caregiver Alliance.